At HeatMap, Inc. your privacy matters to us and we are committed to respect and protect your privacy and your personal information.
We also explain the choices we offer, making sure you are in control of your personal information at all times.
By visiting our website or by visiting one of our clients' websites (which will provide you with notice of its use of HeatMap, Inc. and this policy) or by signing up via our website,
you acknowledge that you accept and consent to our privacy practices as outlined in this policy.
Who is HeatMap, Inc.
HeatMap, Inc. offers a SaaS tool for analyzing and representing the online behavior of website visitors.
By combining both analytics tools and visual heatmap representations, HeatMap, Inc. helps its clients understand how to improve their site's user experience, its performance and increase conversions.
How HeatMap, Inc. collects information
We provide our clients with a tracking code, which will be used to collect your information and send it to our servers based in Europe, in Canada and in the United States.
When you visit a website which makes use of our product, this tracking code will automatically collect the information based on your activity and store it in our servers, for our client's analysis.
Information will also be collected from cookies which will be placed on your computer or device by the website.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any personal information from minors.
What information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- When signing up to use HeatMap, Inc. analytics tools, we may ask you to provide us with your name, email address and details about your organization. We will only use this information to provide you with the service that you signed up for and where we would like to use the contact details you have provided us with for any other purpose we will inform you and obtain your consent before proceeding. For info on how to deactivate your account and/or unsubscribe from receiving content or offers, kindly contact us here.
- When navigating through our site and on each of our clients' site pages, we automatically collect information without your knowledge, as well as information on your device or computer (such as cookies). The sole purpose of collecting your navigation information is to improve your experience when using our clients' sites and web services.
Through the tracking code embedded by our clients on their website, the information we collect includes:
- mouse and touch activity (but no keyboard activity)
- device screen size
- geographic location (country only)
- pages visited
- date and time when website pages were accessed
How we secure data
We have implemented various measures to ensure that the information is adequately protected against unauthorised access, use, disclosure and destruction. Please keep in mind that risk can never be eliminated but can be significantly reduced. All measures which we have taken significantly reduce the risk. We will not be held liable by any third party in the event of unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure of information.
- Access to the information stored within our servers is restricted to a limited number of HeatMap, Inc. employees and to users designated on our client's accounts. OVH SAS can access the information only in specific and limited circumstances. Our employees, our clients and these third parties are bound by confidentiality.
- Our servers are protected by a) firewalls establishing a barrier between our trusted, secure internal network and the internet and b) IP restrictions, limiting access to whitelisted IPs.
- Each client may only access information pertaining to the sites it is tracking and to the users browsing on its website pages.
- We use HTTPS for our site pages and services providing secure transfer of data to prevent wiretapping and man-in-the-middle attacks.
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the website.
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing HeatMap, Inc. or other websites owned by our clients that may use HeatMap, Inc.
Please note that by doing so, some features of the website you visit may be unavailable.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.